LAKE OF THE OZARKS, Missouri- The lake community is in in shock grief after the tragic deaths of four brothers in an early morning Horseshoe Bend Fire. Holman Howe Funeral Homes has announced the deceased were Tyler, 14, Carson, 8, Max, 5, and Levi, 4, Otto.
Firefighters from the Lake Ozark Fire Protection District were dispatched at 12:51 a.m. and arrived at 1 a.m. at the house at 1636 Carol Road. The flames forced them back and they were unable to enter the collapsing structure. Crews said 75% of the two-story residence was involved at the time they first engaged the confilgration. The fire became so intense it caught a neighbor’s stairwell ablaze.
The mother of the boys, Tina Brazil, who was not at home at the time of the fire arrived later with her boyfriend. It is reported that firefighters had to restrain Mike Andrews from going into the house.
Authorities say the fire of undetermined cause may have gone unnoticed for a time and it’s spread may have been fueled by wind.
The bodies of the four siblings and two pets were discovered later.
The School of the Osage posted that they were saddened and the grief counselors would be made available.
Final funeral arrangements have not been announced.