FARMINGTON, Missouri- Jade Hall lost her older brother to a heroin overdose, this after her sister Skye survived an excessive dose of the drug five months before. He died while Skye was in rehab.
“Heroin’s not a joke,” Skye says in the video, “the first time you do it you can die.”
“This isn’t the type of life I wanted.”
“When my brother passed away from heroin, I realized it’s not a game anymore.”
Jade created the video to remember her older brother and to give her sister encouragement.
“So, this is for Skye & TJ, the two people who constantly remind me that anything is possible. I love you guys more than you’ll ever know,” Jade explained.
“So, I’ve been working on this for a few days now. As you all more than likely know, Skye overdosed on heroin May 2, 2016, and she beat the odds. 5 short months after that, our big brother TJ overdosed on heroin. Unfortunately, he did not beat the odds. I wanted to make something for Skye and TJ to show them how loved they are by everyone, especially me. Skye is currently working on herself to prove to everyone that she has so much to offer this world,” she said in a Facebook post that now has over 5,000 views.
“I promise to ALWAYS do what it takes to keep you guys proud. Love always,”- Jade