Super Boat International races on beautiful Clearwater Beach has become a passion of Bay Area restaurateur, Frank Chivas. After being involved in the Super Boat International races in Key West, FL, Chivas knew that Clearwater Beach would be a perfect addition for the already prestigious events. According to the former Clearwater Mayor and current Spectrum Executive, Brian Aungst, Sr., he also knew exactly who to partner with to make it a thundering success.
Last year’s event drew huge crowds of race fans & enthusiasts alike to Clearwater Beach, where over 50,000 people on over 2,500 boats lined the beaches of the 2.5-mile-long race course. While many beach-going spectators enjoyed the races from ClearwaterBeaches powder white sugar sand, others took advantage of the VIP watch parties from the comfort of sponsor hotels, restaurants and condos throughout the island. During last year’s event, more than 180,000 thrill seekers, sponsors, and local businesses reveled over this
From race team meet and greets to our super boat parade and one of a
kind Clearwater Beach cuisine, this year’s 2017 Festival is guaranteed to be
bigger better and faster than ever!!!
Slow Motion Powerboats 8secs lasts over 2.5 mins in this video. Shawn Kober using a FS-700u Sony Camera with a 70-200mm Lens caught some great stuff during this years shootout poker run held at the lake of the Ozarks. Check out this 8secs video. slowed down.
Shootout Damage, Things have got to change. I will come out and say it. In a nut shell 29 years ago the shootout was held at the 21 mile marker and from there organically grew. Geographically the location worked great, in that the traffic for the most part went both ways when entering and exiting heading up and down channel. Rewind 10 years and it’s in a new location and boats haven gotten nearly twice as fast and the crowds nearly five times as big, in a location that nearly most of the traffic heads to the lower Mile Markers. This years grand idea to move the no wake zone down the lake nearly 10 miles from the race course nearly had no effect going to the shootout, with boats traveling above idea to get there. However the mass exist out left residence down stream the wakes to deal with.
Posted by Dana Christiansen on Tuesday, August 29, 2017
The largest unsanctioned boat race in the US, named one of the nation’s eight “must-see” boating events according to Powerboat Magazine, the Shootout will take place for the ninth year at Captain Ron’s Bar & Grill in Sunrise Beach (Lake Road 5-50, mile marker 34.5). The event raises funds for eight Lake-area rescue teams and numerous other charitable organizations; last year, $195,000.00 to 34 different Charities and Fire Departments. The Shootout is alive and well and looking forward to the 29th year in August of 2017.
SNEAK PEAK OF THE POKER RUN
Annual Poker Run Rules & Regulations
- All participants agree to follow all rules as outlines by the Missouri State Water Patrol.
- Poly Lift Shootout Poker Run is NOT a race. All boats must follow BEHIND the pace boat until released. Passing the pace boat will result in disqualification. The Water Patrol has asked that all boats stay under 60 MPH while behind the pace boat.
- Each driver and all boat passengers must sign a waiver and release stating that he/she is fully aware there are risk and hazards in the sport of power boating and that loss and personal injury can occur. Each participant states that they will not hold the Poker Run Committee, Lake of the Ozarks Shootout, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, sponsors or stops liable should they be harmed during the duration of the event. Each entrant states that they are entering this event on a voluntary basis.
- Personal flotations devices (PFD/Life Jacket) are mandatory and are to be worn during this event while boat is in operation by all participants. Drivers should have kill switch lanyards attached during the poker run.
- Each driver must sign that they have not been drinking before the start of the run.
- The Poker Run Committee and the Water Patrol request that alcohol not be consumed during the poker run by the driver of the boat.
- Each stop shall be considered a NO WAKE area – please approach each stop at a low speed during the run.
- There is a $50.00 discount for entries made online (Regularly 300.00). Please sign up early, registration online closes August 21st! August 22nd Registration goes up to 300.00!
- If you do not finish and do not turn your cards in by the specified time, we will assume that you are not going to turn your cards in and are forfeiting your entry. The ONLY exception is in case of a BREAKDOWN. In such case, please call any poker run official to make arrangements for hand to be drawn and to report the problem (numbers will be provided).
- If you are in line at the “cut-off time” (6pm) you will be allowed to draw a card.
- If not in line at the “cut-off time” (6pm), you will not be eligible to draw or participate!
- You may purchase additional cards (2 per hand) when turning cards in. ALL ADDITIONAL CARD PURCHASES WILL GO DIRECTLY TO CHARITIES OF THE LAKE OF THE OZARKS SHOOTOUT.
- In the case of a tie, the top three hands will be paid. If there are more than two hands tie, a 5 card re-draw will be dealt among the tied hands.
- ALL DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES ARE FINAL!!!!
- The run will go on rain or shine – NO REFUNDS will be given.
Support our Troops 2017 Poker Run, Lake of the Ozarks
Since its inception 10 years ago, we’ve grown from 60 boats to averaging almost 120 boats and 400 people from all over the country. The support for our military men and women has been truly humbling, and as a result, the Support Our Troops Poker Run has turned into the biggest poker run at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Operation Homefront,Its stated mission is to “build strong, stable, and secure military families so that they can thrive in the communities they have worked so hard to protect.” The current CEO and President is John I. Pray, Jr., Brig Gen, USAF (Ret).
H.E.R.O.E.S. Care is a St. Louis based national non-profit providing emergency material, financial and other aid on behalf of military members and Veterans through a network of specially trained caregivers in the communities where they live. Since 2003, H.E.R.O.E.S. Care has served more than 200,000 military families through a host of programs designed to lessen the complex negative effects of military service. To learn more about H.E.R.O.E.S. Care and its mission, visit www.heroescare.org .
2017 GTR Cigarette Running 81MPH
Cigarette 180° panoramic hardtop, starboard side dive door with safety latch and retractable stainless steel handles and ladder, (1) 15” high definition touch screen garmin 8215, (2) 12” high definition touch screen Garmin 8212, Garmin high definition depth finder, garmin vhf 300 radio with remote handset, 7” Mercury marine vesselview for engine information and diagnostics, premium audio system by JL audio, bluetooth with Garmin interface, (12) dynamic ambient mood lights in cockpit and hardtop, (4) underwater led lights, dash controlled battery switches, carbon fiber dash panels, forward circular seating with under-seat storage, oversized forward facing sun lounge, helm seat with individual footrests & rear facing seats with built in insulated cooler, multi-passenger aft transom seating, bespoke diamond pattern stitching, cnc machined billet glove box, cnc machined billet trim, freshwater transom shower, cup holders throughout, grab bars throughout, powder coated grab rails, aircraft grade hard coated windshield, stainless steel deck hardware, (2) distributed on demand battery chargers, mercury marine push button start, 30 amp shore power inlet, dock lines with cigarette logo, coast guard safety kit excluding life jackets
Cabin: CNC cut cabinets in matte cherry finish, cnc cut Corain countertops, two passenger sleeping berth, electric head with macerator and holding tank, stainless steel freshwater sink, led lighting, polished towel and toilet paper holders
Hull & Rigging: Aluminum fuel tank (350-gal.), fresh water tank (25-gal.), stainless steel rub rail, retractable transom ladder, stainless steel rub rail, Latham marine polished tilt helm, Latham Marine high performance electric power steering pump, Latham Marine polished stainless steel tie-bar, Mercury 280s trim tabs, cnc machined billet battery boxes, (5) agm group 31 batteries, bilge pumps (2×2000-gph and 1×1100-gph sump box pump, plus forward cabin and head pumps with automatic float switches), led lighted bilge compartments
Options: Windlass anchor system, Cigarette “PURE” audio by JL audio upgrade, generator & a/c, upgrade (2) 12” Garmin to 15” Garmin, bow thruster, tow eye
Paint: World famous Cigarette paint included