Are you going to be at this years 2017 Shootout Poker Run?
Annual Poker Run Rules & Regulations
- All participants agree to follow all rules as outlines by the Missouri State Water Patrol.
- Poly Lift Shootout Poker Run is NOT a race. All boats must follow BEHIND the pace boat until released. Passing the pace boat will result in disqualification. The Water Patrol has asked that all boats stay under 60 MPH while behind the pace boat.
- Each driver and all boat passengers must sign a waiver and release stating that he/she is fully aware there are risk and hazards in the sport of power boating and that loss and personal injury can occur. Each participant states that they will not hold the Poker Run Committee, Lake of the Ozarks Shootout, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, sponsors or stops liable should they be harmed during the duration of the event. Each entrant states that they are entering this event on a voluntary basis.
- Personal flotations devices (PFD/Life Jacket) are mandatory and are to be worn during this event while boat is in operation by all participants. Drivers should have kill switch lanyards attached during the poker run.
- Each driver must sign that they have not been drinking before the start of the run.
- The Poker Run Committee and the Water Patrol request that alcohol not be consumed during the poker run by the driver of the boat.
- Each stop shall be considered a NO WAKE area – please approach each stop at a low speed during the run.
- There is a $50.00 discount for entries made online (Regularly 300.00). Please sign up early, registration online closes August 21st! August 22nd Registration goes up to 300.00!
- If you do not finish and do not turn your cards in by the specified time, we will assume that you are not going to turn your cards in and are forfeiting your entry. The ONLY exception is in case of a BREAKDOWN. In such case, please call any poker run official to make arrangements for hand to be drawn and to report the problem (numbers will be provided).
- If you are in line at the “cut-off time” (6pm) you will be allowed to draw a card.
- If not in line at the “cut-off time” (6pm), you will not be eligible to draw or participate!
- You may purchase additional cards (2 per hand) when turning cards in. ALL ADDITIONAL CARD PURCHASES WILL GO DIRECTLY TO CHARITIES OF THE LAKE OF THE OZARKS SHOOTOUT.
- In the case of a tie, the top three hands will be paid. If there are more than two hands tie, a 5 card re-draw will be dealt among the tied hands.
- ALL DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES ARE FINAL!!!!
- The run will go on rain or shine – NO REFUNDS will be given.
The largest unsanctioned boat race in the US, named one of the nation’s eight “must-see” boating events according to Powerboat Magazine, the Shootout will take place for the ninth year at Captain Ron’s Bar & Grill in Sunrise Beach (Lake Road 5-50, mile marker 34.5). The event raises funds for eight Lake-area rescue teams and numerous other charitable organizations; last year, $195,000.00 to 34 different Charities and Fire Departments. The Shootout is alive and well and looking forward to the 29th year in August of 2017.
Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Poker Run 2016
The Lake Rescue Shootout started in 1988 as an event in which many local boats participated simply to establish who had the fastest boat. As the years went by it became a bigger and bigger event that also helped supplement the Lake Area Fire Departments water rescue efforts.
The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout continues to grow and grow. As the economy improves, so does the generosity of the supporters of the Shootout. As of 2016, With Performance Boat Center coming on board as the title sponsor and a record set for donations at the Auction, the Shootout committee donated an incredible $175,000 to 31 different organizations and charities. After 8 years at Captain Ron’s, the Committee has donated $747,747.00 back to the community. Top Gun accolades went to the Don Onken family as the newly sponsored American Ethanol Mystic powered its way to a piston powered record tying performance of 208 miles per hour. Mystic owner John Cosker and performance boat guru Myrick Coil set the standard for 2015 and made the entire Onken family beam with excitement. The weather was perfect and crowds were amazing and any thoughts of a down year, were immediately squashed. The Shootout is alive and well!!
The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout is the largest unsanctioned boat race in the United States and has been voted as the number 1 boat race/shootout in the Country by the Powerboat Magazine Readers for the last two years. It has also been listed by Powerboat Magazine as one of the 8 “must see” boating events. New radar guns in 2012 proved to be extremely accurate for the racers.
Lake of the Ozarks Shootout being held at Captain Ron’s Bar & Grill August 2016 will bring the top racers and off shore racing power boats topping 244 MPH. The largest unsanctioned boat race in the midwest with over 100 racers and 100,000 spectators. Proceeds will benefit the Lake Area Rescue Teams, and other charitable organizations!
Sign up today http://lakeoftheozarksshootout.com/