CONCAN, Texas- SBG San Antonio reports the Department of Public Safety and Bexar County Medical examiner confirmed 13 people died and 2 were injured in a head-on collision near Garner State Park on Wednesday afternoon.
The accident happened around 12 p.m. off Highway 83 North when a bus carrying seniors from the First Baptist church in New Braunfels collided with a heavy-duty pick-up truck.
Three people survived the initial impact and were Airlifted to University Hospital — one of the three survivors ultimately succumbed to their injuries at 2:25 p.m., bringing the death toll to 13.
- BARRETT, MURRAY WILLIAM, 67 of NEW BRAUNFELS.
- ALLEN, HOWARD BRYAN, 81, of NEW BRAUNFELS
- ALLEN, RHONDA BARLOW, 61, of NEW BRAUNFELS
- BARBER, HAROLD BOYD, 87, of NEW BRAUNFELS
- BARBER, MARGARET ROBINSON, 82, of NEW BRAUNFELS
- MOORE, CRISTIE CLARE, 68, of CIBOLO, TX
- HAWKINS, DONNA ELIZABETH, 69, OF SCHERTZ, TX
- BANKS, AVIS SCHOLL, 83, of AUSTIN
- ROSAMOND, MILDRED GOODLETT, 87, of NEW BRAUNFELS
- SCHMELTEKOPF, ADDIE MAURINE, 84, of NEW BRAUNFELS (DIED AT UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN SAN ANTONIO)
- TYSDAL, SUE WYNN, 76, of NEW BRAUNFELS
- WALKER, MARTHA HOLCOMB, 84, of NEW BRAUNFELS
- VULLIET, DOROTHY FERN,84, of NEW BRAUNFELS
The lone bus survivor was identified as Rose Mary Harris, 64, of New Braunfels. She remained in critical condition at San Antonio Military Medical Center.
The driver of the pickup truck was identified as Jack Dillon Young, 20, of Leakey. He was airlifted to University Hospital in stable condition.
— Gov. Greg Abbott (@GovAbbott) March 29, 2017